Thursday, February 26, 2009

Please control your child lady!

I don't know if it is because I am about to be a parent or if I am just less tolerant than I used to be, but I am noticing how some parents just let their kids do whatever. I was in the doctors office earlier this week. I had a fever, a runny nose, and a terrible cough (turns out I had the flu). Anyway, this women came in with her little daughter. She was probably 3 or 4 years old. The little girl started talking to me. I was trying to be polite, but I felt awful. I just wanted to be left alone. She came and sat by me. She took over the magazine I was looking at. She started digging in my purse. The whole time I was hoping the mom would say something to her, but she didn't. When I moved my purse to the other side of me, the little girl started crawling on me. No joke, right on top of me. Here I am, 7 and a half months pregnant, sick as a dog, in the doctor's office, and this little girl is using me as a jungle gym. Her mother never said a word to her. I would have thought that a mother would not want her kid that close to a stranger, much less a sick stranger. I was ready to yell at the mom. I was so relieved when the nurse called my name. I would have hated to be rude, but the situation was sending me to my boiling point. So to all you moms out there, don't let your kids bug sick strangers.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe that! That was so rude of that mother, how could she let her child act so out of control and not do anything about it? I don't think I would have said anything either, I am the kind of person that does not want to have an altercation with anyone, especially in public. The part that bugs me though is the fact that she got in your purse, that is a NO-NO to me. I don't let my son do it. The nerve of that lady, she had to see what was going on..how dare her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit but being a parent scares me. For one I was the baby so I have never had to care for someone that young, and my family is the only good model I have to go on. I see others with their kids, and the only thing I think is "where are your parents?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just crazy. My mom would have tore me up for doing that to someone when I was little. Sometimes I think thats what is wrong with kids today. Parents aren't correcting there kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go figure. My mother carried a wooden spoon to swat us with if we got out of line.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete