Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

Happy Birthday to me! That's right. Today is my 26th birthday. The funny thing about a birthday is that it is supposed to be your day, but shouldn't the day be to celebrate your Mom? I mean, she did do all the work. She went through the pregnancy and the labor, not to mention the day to day job of taking care of you. I know with me, that was a hard job. I know moms get Mother's Day, but that doesn't seem like enough. Another funny thing about birthdays is that the more you have, the less important they become. I remember when I would anticipate my birthday for months. All year actually. This year it kind of snuck up on me. It was a nice day though. My good friend called me at 7:30 am to sing Happy Birthday. That could have waited until after lunch. Later, I went to my Mom's house. She helped me do my laundry, and we watched soap operas. The best part of the day was when she made me this awesome chicken salad that I love. Then she put a candle in a cupcake and sang to me. It was sweet. We don't do whole cakes anymore, because they just go to waste. After that I had to come home to study. I had a big marketing test. As far as presents, I couldn't think of anything I really wanted. My mom ended up paying my phone bill for the month. That is actually better than anything she could have went out and bought. My boyfriend bought me this dresser I wanted for my baby. You know, so she can have her own space since, for now, she doesn't have her own room. I did have a baby shower last weekend where I got all kinds of presents, so I wasn't expecting anything really. Oh, my boyfriend also promised to take me to a nice dinner on Friday. That will be nice even though I could get that anyway. Friday is our date night. At least this week he won't have any say in the restaurant. Maybe I can get him to try Greek food. So all in all, it was a good birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope that this will be a great year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! I agree with you on the view that as you get older your birthday is not something you anticipate anymore. I think that when you're younger there are so many toys and gagets geared towards children that there are always things that you want. But as an adult I think that we learn to appreciate the smaller things in life like spending time with those that we love. It sounds like you had a great birthday and I hope that you got your boyfriend to try Greek food on Friday!!

    Happy belated birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should let us know these things ahead! Happy birthday!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete