Saturday, April 4, 2009

Can't live with her, Can't kill her

My sister is driving me CRAZY!!!!! She flew in last week from the Virgin Islands to be here when my baby is born. Since she has been here, I have done more walking than I think any one person should ever do. We have literally gone shopping 4 out of the past 5 days. I understand that she is only here for a short time, and she does not have access to many of the stores we have here. But I'm big, pregnant, and TIRED!!!! Not to mention, she is a size three. She is trying on clothes saying "how does this look?" It looks like she needs to eat some bacon! Then she will find something and go "here is a size ten for you." I know it was just hormones, but I actually teared up as I couldn't get the size ten skirt over my legs. I do not know why I even tried it on. I knew it wasn't going to fit. I am not upset about my size. I am pregnant after all. Two days away from giving birth is just not the time a person wants to go shopping. Also, my feet hurt (that was my whiny voice). She is kinda nuts. She says she is on a diet, but all she has eaten since she has been here is fried or fast food. I don't care, but why is she saying she is on a diet? She doesn't need to be on a diet. Then, last night, I was getting an ice cream out of the freezer. It was one of those delicious great divide bars. You know, chocolate on top, vanilla on bottom. MMMmmmm-GOOD! So I ask if she wants one, and she says no. I sit down and start enjoying mine. All of the sudden she wants a bite! Let me just say that I am a bit of a germaphobe so this whole bite thing really grosses me out. I won't even eat after my boyfriend, and we are having a baby together. I said to her that I will get up and get her one. Nope, she just wants a bite of mine. I finally break down and give her one. Then she wants a bite of the vanilla part too. So I give her one. Then she decides that ya, she will have one of her own. I wanted to scream!!!! Plus, her and her daughter's things are strewn from 1 end of my house to the other. I would like to blame the mess on my 2 year old niece, but it is not her. It is my 28 year old sister's fault. On top of all that, she keeps using my stuff like my deodorant. She messed with my computer settings. She even used my razor!

I know my hormones are all out of whack, but I am pretty sure these things would get on any body's nerves. That being said, I am so glad she is here to annoy me. I would not want to go through this whole "having a baby" thing without her. And she did give me a foot massage last night. I guess I won't lock her in a dumpster just yet.

2 comments:

  1. That is Funny!!!! I'm glad you are getting to "enjoy" your sister. So did I read that correctly, you are having the baby Monday? Sisters can be a pain but, they are worth it after all! Good luck with your hormones it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you are SOO pregnant!! Man, that was too funny! Yes, that stuff was pretty irritating; however, your whole reaction has me dying over here! I wish you could have just recorded yourself on a webcam saying all of this stuff instead. That's about the only way you could have topped this post! You get an 11 for this one. LOL! Sorry I had to miss the other day. Have a great Labor Day! (smile) We want pictures!!

    ReplyDelete