Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ready or not!!!!!

I am so excited! I went to the doctor today. I go every week now. So he tells me that if I am still pregnant next Thursday we are going to discuss scheduling my baby's birth for the following week (I am going to try to schedule it around my classes to miss as little as possible). I can finally see an end in sight. An end to this part anyway. My mom says then the real work starts. I know she is right, but I don't see it as work. To me it is a new adventure. I was really scared for awhile, but now I am ready to meet this challenge head on. It is crazy how my feelings have changed so much. When I first got pregnant I was sad that I could not do some of the things I could before. For example, during the summers, I used to love packing up my bag and heading out on crazy road trips. Sometimes I wouldn't even have a plan or a timeline. Now with a baby, I can not do stuff like that. I can still go on road trips; they will just take more planning. I was also afraid in the beginning that we would not be able to afford a baby. They are really expensive! Now I just have faith that everything will work out. Yes, I probably won't be shopping as much (or at all for awhile), but that is OK. The truth is that when I go into a store now, I head straight for the baby stuff anyway. I'm not upset about losing my precious sleep time anymore either. I am looking forward to sitting awake with my little sweetie. Just me and her watching infomercials. It sounds nice to me. So life as I know it is about to drastically change, but I am looking forward to it. Bring it on! Let the party begin (just don't invite the strippers, there are children in the room)!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Miranda. You sound prepared for whatever life, or your daughter is ready to throw at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is refreshing to hear young people meet challenges head on and believe they can do anything if they set their minds to it. Congrats on your first newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, congratulations! It is glad to hear that your baby is coming soon. It is good to hear that you are getting everything into perspective. Life is so precious and you get to birth a precious life into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, we need a party!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am so excited for you. And I admire your work ethic. I really admire how hard you work and I know that you wil be a great mother and your child will learn a great deal from you! You are a great example!!! God Bless =)

    ReplyDelete