Thursday, March 19, 2009

Procrastination is BAD!

Here it is, Thursday already. Spring break is almost over, and I do not feel like I have accomplished anything. I planned on using this time to get ahead on some school work and make some final preparations for my new addition (my baby is due soon in case anyone hasn't been keeping up). I always say that I work better under pressure. I think that is a lie. Now I am starting to freak out a little. I have so much to do that it is overwhelming me. I am getting less accomplished, because I am so worried about it. I have a 6 page research paper (single spaced! YIKES!) due on Monday. I am ashamed to say that I haven't started yet. Guess what I'll be doing for the rest of my time off. Thank God I am not behind in any of my other classes. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I want to say I am just tired, blame it on pregnancy. I am not sure that is true though. I just dread writing this paper, because the topic is so boring. It is on universal health care in the U.S. The topic was assigned; I didn't pick it. I'll get it done though. I always do. My problem at home is that I have a hard time delegating tasks. I want to ask my boyfriend to help me with stuff, but I know exactly how I want things done. It seems easier to do things myself than explain it to him. Also, when it comes to cleaning the bathroom or doing the dishes, I do a much better job than he does. When he folds clothes, they look so sloppy! I think he does bad on purpose so I won't ask him to do it again. Is it really that hard to fold all the tee shirts the same? In his defense I am kind of anal about stuff like that. I blame my Mom. So it is crunch time. I guess I will get to work. One of these days I am going to learn to just do what needs to be done. No more putting things off until tomorrow, because eventually I run out of tomorrows.

2 comments:

  1. I understand exactly about delegating tasks that need to be done. I just do them and don't ask. I am a perfectionist with certain things and housework is one of the hangups. Procrastination is another one of the things I do sometimes and then I hate that I am under the pressure. I do it to myself and I know it. I will tell you from experience, at some point, you will let go and delegate some tasks. I know I did. Four children and a husband later; I can tell you. Now I have not one, but two grandbabies on the way. I will be helping with them, so some things at my house may go undone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delegate everything except the paper writing!

    And put your feet up!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete